There’s two types of people in the world: those who think Soylent is disgusting and those (like myself) who fall in love with the promise of fast meals with zero prep that actually have nutritional value. I LOVE cooking a delicious meal. But I also love sleeping in and cranking at work which doesn’t always leave time for full meals. I’ll drink 3-4 Soylents per week when I need some substiance but don’t have time for a meal. Way, way better than McDonalds! – Andrew
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JOB INCLUDE:
- Lead marketing planning efforts in order to prioritize team and organizational activities that align with company objectives.
- Project management around key marketing initiatives, which will involve heavy cross-functional team leadership.
- Partner with Consumer Insights to better understand our consumer target and identify key research needs for the business.
- Partner with the Analytics group to understand business drivers inside and out. Bring data from pure numbers to insights and implications, which will drive strategic business decisions.
- Serve as the marketing lead for core business activities, such as forecasting, demand planning, PNL management, sales support and operations support.
- Collaborate with Soylent’s agency partners, which include brand strategy, media planning, Public Relations, and other ad hoc vendors.
- Partner with the Product Development team on core line renovation, product improvement, and line extensions.
- Partner with the VP of Digital/eComm to ensure our website and eCommerce platforms are on-brand, providing education and engagement to new and existing consumers and are effectively communicating Soylent’s vision and mission.
- Support the Retail Sales team by developing customer-specific marketing programs and ensuring the team is armed with a consistent, cohesive sales toolkit.
- Co-manage with Soylent Program Manager any existing packaging updates as well as new packaging efforts.
- Support key marketing functions such as social media, influencer marketing, new product development, digital media and creative development.
- Stay on top of category and competitive trends as well as bleeding edge technologies to enable Soylent to stay ahead of the curve in terms of reaching new consumers and reinforcing the brand’s image as a tech-savvy, trend forward organization.
- Solution obsessed. When you run into a wall, you figure out how to climb over it, get around it or break through it.
- You are both right brained and left brained, thus able to guide breakthrough marketing strategies and also understand the underpinnings on the business.
- You possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset, empathy and dedication to great experiences.
- You take ownership, are an inventive problem solver and have a high level of accountability.
- You have a natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills that can keep varying groups and teams aligned and informed.
- You can think big picture but also have the ability to execute.
- You bring positive energy and see challenges as opportunities to grow and develop.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Education: BA or BS degree; MBA a plus
- Brand Management: you’ve worked in an environment where Marketing is the “hub of the wheel” and leads the activities of the organization.
- Analytics: you’ve managed a PNL and have a working knowledge of finance, you’re strong in Excel/Google Sheets, you’ve worked with syndicated data, you’re competent in forecasting, planning and budgeting.
- Project Management: you can keep the trains running on time, you set deadlines and hold others accountable for their deliverables, you’re well organized.
- Problem solving: Ability to sift through large amounts of data and determine the key pieces to help make a decision. Must be comfortable and confident leaning in when there is a lack of hard information to help make a decision.
- Industry experience: Brand management experience, preferably with a mix of both small-company and mid-to-large company background.
- Product experience: Experience working on related product categories (nutrition, beverages, etc) a plus, but not required
- Amazing Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Beautiful creative office in the heart of DTLA
- Competitive salary
- Some more serious perks we would love to share in detail