About Bird and Stone
Bird + Stone is a jewelry company that was founded on the idea that brands have the power to be vehicles for change. Every bracelet, necklace or cuff purchased results in a 10% donation to a chosen cause. A passion for human rights is required and working on this team means being able to see how eCommerce can make a meaningful impact on the world around us.
We are committed to ethically-made products that support organizations building a more equal world. We believe in creating a community of changemakers, and leveraging our collective purchasing power.
This company was founded on the idea that brands have the power to be vehicles for change. We started in 2013 as a jewelry company dedicated to supporting opportunity for female entrepreneurs in Kenya through microloans. Over the last five years, we’ve grown and expanded our cause areas to include a range of partners moving the needle on causes ranging from women’s health to climate change. All of our partners are working to build a more equal world.
In 2013, Elana was working in the financial services industry in New York but wanted to use her skills for more meaningful work. She found a nonprofit, Village Volunteers, that supports community development abroad through capacity building projects. Elana was matched with a program in rural Kenya with 70 widowed women rebuilding their lives through entrepreneurship.
This position will encompass leading the customer service department and liaising between other business units to continue improving the customer experience. The customer service lead will be responsible for inquiries including product requests, returns/exchanges, objective handling and more.
The role will include mastery of online tools such as customer service software (FreshDesk), ecommerce software (Shopify) and shipping software (Shipstation) and requires a problem solving and a proactive mindset to provide a superior customer service experience to our changemaker customers.
- Respond to customer service inquiries within 24-48 hours manner using customer service software
- Interface with a suite of online tools supporting customer service including, but not limited to: Shopify, Shipstation, Slack, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar
- Speak with customers over the phone to help place orders or guide through site
- Create and maintain the FAQ portal on the website for Customer Service responses
- Communicate customer insights across teams to inform customer experience decisions
- Take part in operational improvements across the customer service and other business units affecting customer happiness, inventory allocation, product development and more
- Attending weekly team meetings, regular in-person meetings with product and shipping teams, and regular coworking sessions at our office in Brooklyn
- Availability: 1-2 hours daily before noon, regularly scheduled with some flexibility
Who you are:
- Smart, organized, and detail oriented
- Obsessed with grammar and an excellent communicator
- Loves to think creatively, solve problems, and help others
- Excited to improve systems and operations, comfortable solving problems on both a micro and macro level
- Previous experience or interest in social good, retail or e-commerce companies
- Comfortable with technology and willing to learn and adapt to new technology
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and high energy environment
To be considered, please click the Apply button and send your application with the subject line ‘Customer Experience Role’ and include a resume or linkedin, note any relevant experience, and tell us why you’re excited to work for Bird + Stone.
Please also draft a response to the following customer email:
Hi! I wanted to order a silver bracelet but I’m deploying out of country on Sunday November 4th. I would be willing to pay the additional cost for overnight or two day mail. – Nancy (hint: look at our FAQ or shipping options)