About Bird and Stone
Bird + Stone is a jewelry company that was founded on the idea that brands have the power to be vehicles for change. Every bracelet, necklace or cuff purchased results in a 10% donation to a chosen cause. A passion for human rights is required and working on this team means being able to see how eCommerce can make a meaningful impact on the world around us.
We are committed to ethically-made products that support organizations building a more equal world. We believe in creating a community of changemakers, and leveraging our collective purchasing power.
This company was founded on the idea that brands have the power to be vehicles for change. We started in 2013 as a jewelry company dedicated to supporting opportunity for female entrepreneurs in Kenya through microloans. Over the last five years, we’ve grown and expanded our cause areas to include a range of partners moving the needle on causes ranging from women’s health to climate change. All of our partners are working to build a more equal world.
In 2013, Elana was working in the financial services industry in New York but wanted to use her skills for more meaningful work. She found a nonprofit, Village Volunteers, that supports community development abroad through capacity building projects. Elana was matched with a program in rural Kenya with 70 widowed women rebuilding their lives through entrepreneurship.
We’re a small team, so you’ll be able to dive right in – you’ll have ownership over projects and be able to see ideas through from start to finish. This is a part-time role with a stipend available.
Learn more about us here: birdandstone.com
About the role:
- Research, contribute to and pitch to influencers, media partners, and magazines to increase Bird + Stone’s brand presence
- Research and cultive close relationships with journalists and editors to stay on top of trends in the retail, social good, and feminist spaces
- Contribute content ideas and strategy for social media channels
- Support with making site updates (managing content, optimizing pages, editing copy)
- Reviewing website visitor feedback and digital analytics to evaluate traffic and optimize the site
Who you are:
- Smart, organized, and detail oriented
- Friendly and patient
- Previous experience or interest in social good, retail or e-commerce companies
- Comfortable with technology
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and high energy environment
- Eager to learn and take on new and varied responsibilities
To be considered, please click the Apply button and send your resume and a couple sentences on your background and interest along with any links to portfolios, social media handles, or other relevant information. We’ll be in touch with next steps!