Creating dynamite content and product descriptions is one of the key strategies to carving out your own place in the marketplace. Gretchen Roberts of GretchenRoberts.net is a veritable wealth of information on content generation for eCommerce businesses. Gretchen has worked for a number of national magazines, and she has managed a team of 10 + people responsible for putting together the content and product descriptions for a web store with over 200,000 different SKUs. She really understands content, and how to create, manage and organize teams around producing it.
This week, we’re going to be having a discussion about exactly what it takes to build an eCommerce business around outstanding content. I’ve invited Gretchen on to the podcast to share her experience and insight on content creation.
Click to Listen
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- What a good product description looks like at a high level.
- Strategies to writing engaging copy that can elicit an emotional reaction.
- When and how you should be scaling up a team for an eCommerce store.
- Tips for managing contributors to consistently produce quality content.
- The top things you should be considering from an SEO perspective when creating content.
What Was Mentioned
This Week’s Contest – Win a Ski Pole Plunger from PlungeTheGnar
This week we’re going to be giving away a pretty awesome plunger made out of a ski pole by the folks at PlungeTheGnar. To enter the contest, all you have to do is give us a review on iTunes. Just make sure you leave some communication info so we have a means to contact you. We’ll pick one lucky winner and we’ll send them their free plunger!
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!