Jimmy Hayes and his business partner, Doug Barber, love to travel. Throughout their expeditions, Jimmy and Doug would consistently run into one element of the travelling process that didn’t quite meet their expectations of a great adventure– the gear. When they realized that they had to fill the need for better gear, Jimmy and Doug decided to quit their jobs in order to create products that make traveling faster, happier, and more efficient.
On this week’s episode, Jimmy shares the journey that he and Doug went on while creating the Minaal carry-on bag. Packed into this episode, you’ll hear how Jimmy and Doug designed, manufactured, and launched a campaign with the goal of raising $30,000, but ended up with $340,000 in support of their vision. Don’t miss it!
Click to Listen
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Why Jimmy and Doug created the Minaal travel bag and whom it’s designed for.
- The frustrations of mainstream carry-ons that inspired Minaal.
- What the phrase “travel drag” means.
- The revision process involved when manufacturing a product like the Minaal bag.
- The key components to launching a successful Kickstarter campaign.
- Why it’s important to run through every possible scenario when creating a Kickstarter campaign.
What Was Mentioned
- Minaal Carry-On Bag
- Minaal’s Kickstarter Video Campaign
- Minaal’s Kickstarter Page
- Stand Up Board Store
- The Dynamite Circle
Review and Subscribe
This Week’s Winner
Congratulations to Kimberly Rich of StandUpBoardStore.com for winning this week’s eCommerceFuel shout out!
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!