Drew Sanocki returns to the show again this week, and this time, we are discussing the importance of coding skills in online solo entrepreneurship. As more resources like oDesk are popping up, it is creating a situation where it is incredibly inexpensive to outsource programming to great coders. While the urgency to learn in order to be successful seems to be fading, we argue that this knowledge will be absolutely vital to your success.
On this episode, Drew and I discuss why we believe you still need to learn the basics of coding and how becoming self-taught programmers has greatly impacted our entrepreneurial journey. We also give you access to some great tools to help you get started and break down what to avoid as you get started. You do not want to miss this episode’s valuable tools and insight from two programming advocates that will help you in many aspects of your business.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- The five reasons why you should learn the basics of programming.
- How programming can help you sharpen your problem-solving skills.
- Why you can not successfully manage your business without knowing programming basics.
- The one reason you would not need to learn programming.
- Two ways that programming can be dangerous.
What Was Mentioned
- Drew Sanocki
- Drew Sanocki on Twitter: @drewsanocki
- Right Channel Radio
- Design Public
- Code Academy
- Code Year
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!