Below is your eCommerce News Cart for August 21st, 2018:
In the News:
- Bans the sales of guns and accessories, even those legal in the U.S.
- Stores have until December 31, 2018 to migrate from the platform or stop selling non-compliant items
- Calculates backward and forward looking LTV stats, as well as purchase intervals and churn probabilities
- Can segment by LTV as well as create look-a-like audiences for Facebook
- Disclosure: Klaviyo is a podcast sponsor
- Amazon rumored to be in the running to acquire Landmark Theatres
- Landmark is the largest theatre chain in the U.S. focused on indie and foreign movies
- Why? Potential to supplement it’s content creation arm + add to growing physical presence.
- Launching in Cincinnati, Houston, Louisville, and Nashville
- Standard shipping of $4.99, and free for orders over $35
- Swell focuses on customer loyalty, incentive based marketing and influencer manager software
- Will be interesting to see how Yotpo/Swell handles integrations with competing review platforms
New ECF Content:
- How One Email Marketer Regularly Achieves 20%+ CTRs (Blog Post)
- Confidently Manage Large, Multi-Month Projects (Podcast)
- Learning from Target’s Ability to Create Rabid Fans and Emotional Connections (Podcast)
- Private Equity & Catching Up with Drew Sanocki (Podcast)
- Surefire Ways to Kill Your Professional Business Network (Podcast)
Top Forum Discussions:
(Subscription required to access. Not a member? Apply to join our vibrant community of 7-figure store owners today.)
- How Would You Design the Warehouse of Your Dreams?
- Annual Expert Update: Magento 2018
- Why You Should Join The Online Merchant’s Guild
- Shopify Rolls out Policy Changes – CEO Tobi Lutke Deletes “Free Speech Post” & Medium Account
- I Did These 5 Things and Got a 52% Increase in Amazon Sales
Interesting Articles or Podcasts:
- Community Made – A great podcast series about building connections, community and better relationships
- How to Remember What You Read – The best readers have a system for storing and implementing what they learn.
- The Twenty Dollar Swim – On the importance of calculating the real costs of what you do / spend time on.
- eCommerce Product Manager | Best Made Company | New York, NY
- Senior Marketplace Associate | Coop Home Goods | Bell, CA
- Chief Financial Officer | AutoAnything | San Diego, CA
Cool Stuff My Friends are Doing:
- LinkHunter.com – A link building platform designed for eCommerce entrepreneurs and marketers from Jeff Oxford, the resident SEO expert at eCommerceFuel.