Patrick Buckley and crew built DoDo Case from a small, $500 investment by utilizing the various local shops in San Francisco and putting in some sweat equity. They were able to win Shopify’s Build A Business competition and secure $100,000 in funding to grow the store.
However, the real key to their success is the story behind their brand. On this episode, Patrick shares his thoughts on how to build a brand, why to use fulfillment and much, much more.
Click to Listen
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How to handle a flood of orders coming from great press (and how to set expectations).
- What growing quickly from 10 orders per day to more than $1 million in sales looks like.
- How to build an accessory for a product that hasn’t yet been released to the public.
- Why having a great story is as important as having a great product.
- How to inject a killer story into your brand.
- The future of eCommerce as Patrick sees it.
What Was Mentioned
- Patrick Buckley – DoDo Case | Popular Mechanics Article
- Jennifer DePaoli – ShowerCurtainHq
- The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Jake Brunson – The Bluelace Project | Flint And Tinder
This Week’s Winner
Each week we’ll be rewarding one special listener for signing up to receive a free copy of my 55-page ecommerce guide, Profitable eCommerce. Sign up here to request your free guide and be eligible for next week’s giveaway!
Congratulations to Jennifer from Birmingham, AL for grabbing your free guide. Be watching your mailbox to receive your Tournament Style Dartboard! You can add this to your basement game room and swindle your friends! Enjoy Jennifer, and thanks so much for listening.
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!