We updated our site about nine months ago with more of a holistic message in mind for eCommerceFuel, wanting to focus not only on the community, but also on ECF Capital and the podcast. Unfortunately, it did not end up performing as well as we hoped. So we decided to bring in Quinn Zeda and her team at Conversion Crimes to perform an audit, and they came back with some pretty painful results, which we will be diving into today.
Listen in as Quinn explains whether you need to have a lot of traffic on your website, as well as the numbers you need to have a good sense of what is actually going on. You will learn how to think about designers and hiring people, some of the most common mistakes people make with their websites from a CRO/UX/conversion standpoint, and other key results and takeaways on how to think about user testing. If you are looking to improve your website, this is the episode for you.
- What it’s like living in Playa del Carmen. (3:03)
- How to build trust with your potential clients. (5:55)
- How an audit begins on a website. (8:13)
- How many users you need to properly test on your computer. (12:55)
- The biggest problem Quinn spotted on the eCommercefuel website. (18:58)
- How to improve your website development. (23:59)
- The three biggest conversion killers. (28:44)
- The best headliner Quinn has seen recently. (33:53)
What Was Mentioned
- Quinn Zeda: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- eCommerceFuel Forum
- One Click Upsell – Increase Sales 15%+ with Pre-and Post-purchase Upsells. (On average, Shopify users increase sales 15% immediately after installing the app!)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“My philosophy is: go in and give massive value, talk to people, answer their questions … and by doing that, people build trust with you.”- @quinnzeda Click To Tweet “Sometimes users just need clarity over cleverness.”- @quinnzeda Click To Tweet “When it comes to money, you don’t want to surprise visitors with any charges or shipping. You want them to know that up front because if you surprise them, they question you. You lose trust.”- @quinnzeda Click To Tweet
Image credit to ConversionCrimes.com .