The sale of a business can be a fickle mistress. Thomas Smale of FE International is a business broker who knows this all too well. He specializes in selling high ticket online property stores, as well as other properties. Thomas offered some extremely valuable advice to me during the process of selling TrollingMotors.net.
On this week’s episode, we’ll dive in to the first of a two-part series to wrap up the TrollingMotors.net auction case study. I’ve invited Thomas on to the show to share some of that insight and advice with you.
Click to Listen
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How I qualified the prospective buyers after they made a bid.
- Why there is such a lack of transparency in traditional acquisition processes.
- From a broker’s perspective, how to make sure every part of the deal is safe for both parties.
- The importance of trust and building that kind of a relationship during the acquisition process.
- Why it’s not always about getting the highest price possible.
What Was Mentioned
- How I Nearly Botched My Business Sale
- Insider’s Guide Training Series
This Week’s Contest – Win Some Stylish Accessories from VoltaJewelry.com
This week we’re going to be giving away your choice of a pair of cuff links or a necklace from VoltaJewelry, who create awesome custom accessories made out of watch and timepiece components. To enter the contest, all you have to do is give us a review on iTunes. Just make sure you leave some communication info so we have a means to contact you. We’ll pick one lucky winner and we’ll send them their free accessories!
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!