Buying a business can be pretty intimidating. Clayton Chrisman knows this all too well. Clayton is the new owner of TrollingMotors.net. Clayton had been working in technology in a sales and operating capacity for the majority of his career, but recently decided to jump into the world of eCommerce by acquiring my former online store.
This week, we’re going to be wrapping up the series on the sale of TrollingMotors.net by sharing the unique perspective of the Buyer. I’ve invited Clayton on to the show to have an open discussion about that process.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- What Clayton was looking for in an eCommerce business and how Trolling Motors got on his radar.
- Clayton’s thoughts on the Unorthodox Dutch Auction process we used.
- How my openness with the financials of the company impacted the sale process.
- The two major hurdles that we faced near the end of the selling process and how we were able to work through them.
- The infrastructure challenges that Clayton faced in his first few days owning the business.
What Was Mentioned
This Week’s Winner
Each week we’ll be rewarding one special listener with a prize from one of our previous contributors. This week, we’re giving away your choice of a pair of cuff links or a necklace from VoltaJewelry, who create awesome custom accessories made out of watch and timepiece components.
Congratulations to Robert Williger for winning this week’s prize! Please reach out to us via the contact methods below to claim your prize. Now you can look a little more fashionable or make someone special in your life very happy! Enjoy it Robert and thanks so much for listening.
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!