As eCommerce is quickly becoming the shopping method of choice for consumers, there is more competition than ever for driving traffic. The cost of being able to target consumers who are ready to buy is creeping higher and higher. But what about the often overlooked consumers who are not yet considered a good lead? By constantly educating and nurturing potential buyers, helping them to make an informed decision, you are setting yourself and your business up as their store of choice.
Sam Mallikarjunan, head of eCommerce & Marketing at HubSpot and author of Inbound Commerce: How to Sell Better Than Amazon, is an expert of getting your brand and store in front of potential customers. Sam has had years of experience as an internet marketing professional and he specializes in generating leads, customers and revenue using inbound marketing strategies. Listen in, as Sam shares some valuable tips, success stories and his path to converting your traffic to customers and keeping them coming back time after time! You will not want to miss this episode!
Click to Listen
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- The 4 types of customers that you should avoid.
- Sales and Marketing Analytics and Data is a social science, not physics.
- Why you should come up with at least 3-5 macro-personas for potential customers.
- The 4 phases of the buying process and how you should interact with a customer at each one.
- Sam’s 3 email sequences for successful abandoned cart recovery.
- How creating an experience that is customized to the individual consumer will set you apart.
- The big mistake that a lot of eCommerce owners make and how to avoid it!
What Was Mentioned
- HubSpot Marketing Blog
- HubSpot eCommerce
- Inbound Commerce: How to Sell Better Than Amazon by Sam Mallikarjunan
- Twitter: @Mallikarjunan
- Sam Mallikarjunan: SMallikarjunan@HubSpot.com
- Hire Me HubSpot
This Week’s Winner
Congratulations to Tracey Rumsey of RoverRocks.com for winning this week’s eCommerceFuel shout out!
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!