This week, I welcome back Ezra Firestone to discuss the 5 questions all eCommerce owners need to consider before starting a site redesign. We debate the reasons behind why an eCommerce store owner would start a site redesign and where to begin. We also get into the different tools that you can use to determine what needs to be changed on your site vs what should stay the same.
On this episode, Ezra and I draw on our past and current experiences with site redesigns to give time- and money-saving advice to help your redesign go as smoothly as possible. You do not want to miss this episode’s valuable advice that can save you thousands.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- The 5 questions to ask before attempting a site re-design.
- Design without function is vanity, do not do a redesign for purely aesthetic reasons.
- Your customer’s attention spans are getting shorter and shorter, you need to streamline your site and keep your content easy to digest.
- Why you need to pay attention to your customer feedback.
- How much time you will need for a proper site re-design.
What Was Mentioned
- SmartMarketer.com | Boom By Cindy Joseph | Think Act Get – Ezra Firestone
- Trolling Motors
- Right Channel Radio
- The Moz Blog: Web Site migration Guide – Tips for SEOs
For Forum Members Only
- eCommercefuel Forum: Lessons Learned from Re-Launching Two Stores on Magento
- eCommercefuel Forum: Migrating to Shopify without Losing my SEO Rankings
- eCommercefuel Forum: How Do Site Migrations Affect SEO Traffic? (Case Studies)
This Week’s Winner
Congratulations to Daniel Nunney of GolfCartGarage.com for winning this week’s eCommerceFuel shout out!
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!