Bill D’Alessandro is joining me this week to review the biggest stories of the past month in the eCommerce world. Bill and I also spend some times discussing how OrderCircle is progressing and Bill’s latest eCommerce acquisition.
Join us as Bill and I discuss five of the biggest eCommerce stories that are making headlines (or will be soon) this month. We share our opinions on everything from where we believe Amazon is headed, and why we don’t believe they always have the lowest prices, to how to organize your businesses if you, like Bill and I, have multiple businesses. Don’t miss this informative monthly news update…click “Play” below!
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Why most former CEOs who have been bought out by Amazon do not stay with Amazon.
- Why we are excited, but skeptical, about Jet’s new online model of business.
- The implications of Shopify’s upcoming IPO.
- Why we think that Amazon is starting their own version of Kickstarter.
- How to avoid getting hit with higher shipping rates.
What Was Mentioned
- Order Circle | Element Brands | RebelCEO.com | Nurture My Body | Ski Balm | Mexitan – Bill D’Alessandro
- Bloomberg Business: Amazon Bought This Man’s Company. Now He’s Coming For Them
- The Wall Street Journal: Shopify Preparing for Dual U.S.-Canada Initial Public Offering in 2015
- The Wall Street Journal: Google Search Share Drops After Firefox Switch
- Re/Code: Amazon Secretly Working on New Platform for Inventors
- Re/Code: How Amazon Tricks You Into Thinking It Always Has the Lowest Prices
For Forum Members Only:
- eCommerce Fuel Forum: UPS and FedEx Increase Shipping Rates
- eCommerce Fuel Forum: How to Organize Your Corporate Structure When Running Multiple Businesses
- eCommerce Fuel Forum: Are Facebook Ads a Waste of Time?
This Week’s Winner
Congratulations to Mark of BurtAndGurt.London for winning this week’s eCommerceFuel shout out!
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!