Regardless of whether you currently own a business, looking to start or are buy and existing one, competition is a vital part of understanding of the entrepreneurial journey. Bill D’Alessandro joins me as we discuss the bottom line of competition – when, if and how much you should rely on it to drive your business.
This week on the eCommerce Fuel podcast Bill and I talk about how we deal with competition, from starting a new business to buying an existing one. We dive into many different constructive and destructive ways that competition can affect you and your online venture. You do not want to miss this episode’s time and money-saving advice that will give you a good understanding of how to harness competition to your benefit.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- When you should obsess about your competition.
- How to understand and sift through all of the marketing hype of your competition.
- The metrics you should be comparing when looking at your competition.
- Why you shouldn’t try to prove that you are better than your competition.
- The 3 reasons that obsessing over your competition is counterproductive.
- What you can do if someone knocks off your product or site.
What Was Mentioned
- Order Circle | Element Brands | RebelCEO.com | Nurture My Body – Bill D’Alessandro
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel
This Week’s Winner
Congratulations to Scott Rundell of SmoothWindKites.com for winning this week’s eCommerceFuel shout out!
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!