Former investment banker Bill D’Alessandro is an eCommerce guru who continues to find new ways to generate revenue. As his business expands, he is finding that he needs to hire employees to keep up with the demand that his products are generating.
Hiring employees as a start-up business owner can be a frightening experience. This week Bill returns to the show to discuss how to navigate the market of potential job candidates, and how to minimize your risk of hiring the wrong personnel for your organization.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How to tailor the interview process for the type of position you are hiring for.
- The universal importance of writing ability in modern business, and how that is usually the first impression that most prospective employers will have of you.
- Why giving a candidate actual tasks to perform can be much more effective in finding the right person for the job.
- How relevant a college degree is in today’s employment marketplace, and how important it should be to you as a prospective employer.
- The best ways to advertise a job posting online, and which ones are going to net the most qualified applicants.
What Was Mentioned
Our eCommerce Job Board
Looking to Hire Top Talent? Or Land Your Dream Job?
Then you need to check out the eCommerceFuel Job Board. It’s our curated listing of top eCommerce jobs, from Director/VP level positions to marketers to social media experts. Check it out if you’re looking for a new job with an interesting company or if you need to hire top-talent for your eCommerce business.
This Week’s Contest – Win a Beautiful, Entrepreneurial Poster
This week we’re giving away a free poster from Bill’s new startup, StartupStyles.com, which has beautiful posters with inspirational business and entrepreneurial quotes. To enter the contest, leave a comment below letting us know your favorite quote from the Startup Styles collection. We’ll pick one winner and will send them their favorite poster from the store.
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!