Below is your eCommerce News Cart for June 12th, 2018:
In the News:
- With a built-in camera, Look is designed to take full-length selfies and share outfits
- “Style Check” feature combines AI and humans to help users pick between outfits
- Initial concept video received nearly twice as many downvotes as upvotes
- Google introduced Duplex, an upgraded phone assistant who can make calls for you
- Uses AI to take care of tasks like booking appointments, making reservations, etc
- The AI even uses phrases like “Hmmm” and “Well….” to sound more more human
- Privacy advocate group lobbies the EU to impose massive fines on the two tech giants.
- Claims firms are in violation via their “take it or leave it” approach to privacy
- Requests for the EU to issues fines up to $9.3 billion
- Plans are tentative with no timeframe for rollout
- Would apply only to vertical videos similar to current stories format
Top Forum Discussions:
(Subscription required to access. Not a member? Apply to join our vibrant community of 7-figure store owners today.)
- Is It Possible to Erase Bad Amazon Reviews?
- What are the Best Facebook Courses / Resources You Use?
- How Do You Hire Staff?
- Have You Written a Book? Or Thoughts About It?
(Compelling opportunities from the eCommerceFuel Job Board. Find your dream job or post your own job opening right here.)
Digital Marketing Director for Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine
Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine is a woman owned company focused on herbal medicine. As the Digital Marketing Marketing Director, you can work remotely, but you will be required to travel to Asheville, NC up to four times a year. You will also be required to participate in daily mandatory phone check-ins as well as coordinate with the existing social media team to support current marketing efforts and create new strategies. For this role you’ll need:
- 5 years minimum experience in digital marketing
- Willing to travel occasionally throughout the US for book promotion at conferences and events (this would not begin until 2019 at the earliest)
- Experience with WordPress, Yoast SEO, and other relevant website plugins
Full Time Social Media Coordinator for Beardbrand
Beardbrand is a company that fosters style for the urban beardsmen. As the Social Media Coordinator, you will interact directly with customers to enhance all areas of their experience. You will also coordinate special interactions with the appropriate Beardbrand team members. For this role you’ll need:
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in social media and/or customer service.
- Familiarity or experience with Hootsuite or similar program.
- Need to work in/from Austin, TX
Copywriter for Food52
Food52 is a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home brand that supports, connect and celebrates a community of cooks and home enthusiasts. As a Copywriter you will be working on flexible hours and you can work remotely or join the company in their New York office. Also, you will be pitching and writing rich stories to support the company’s products and makers. For this role you’ll need:
- Minimum 1 to 2 years editorial or copywriting experience in home design and/or food media
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Be remote based or work in New York City
This week Andrew talks about a friend who inspired generosity and adventure. To listen, click the play button on the audio player above.