There are so many challenges and aspects to think about when launching a new project. Last week we touched on the eCommerce and business sides of launching Overlander.com, and today I want to shift the conversation to focus more on the management and team building lessons I learned while working on this project.
Listen in as I explain the importance of being the person that takes problems in stride and why you must check in on your team regularly. You’ll learn the great things that can happen when you set a positive culture and ensure your team is feeling involved, as well as the importance of having a clear idea of your optimal end result in mind. If you want to be a better leader, don’t miss this episode!
- The biggest lesson I learned when starting this project. (2:46)
- The importance of connecting with your team often. (4:34)
- The benefit of tactfully pushing people to try harder. (8:18)
- Why tone is so important. (9:30)
- Why you need to make sure you are certain about what you want the end result to look like. (13:30)
- What makes multi-party deals inherently difficult. (16:06)
- Why you shouldn’t beat yourself up over every little issue. (18:01)
(With your host Andrew Youderian of eCommerceFuel.com )
What Was Mentioned
- Andrew’s VW Syncro Van: In the Shop #10 Video
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- eCommerceFuel Capital
- Klaviyo Personalized SMS
- eCommerceFuel Forum