Recently, I’ve been hearing more and more about Mexico as a viable manufacturing alternative to China. So I decided to talk with someone who could provide a unique perspective on what’s happening inside the country.
Damien Cave is a correspondent for the New York Times living in Mexico City. In today’s episode, we talk about Mexico’s recent rebirth and why it’s an attractive option for U.S. merchants looking to outsource their manufacturing.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Why Mexico is probably worth a second look over China for manufacturing.
- The unfortunate problems in Mexico that might deter some people.
- A view inside the growth of manufacturing in Mexico.
- What has to change in order for Mexico to become a major player in eCommerce.
- Whether the violence should have an impact on your decision to relocate to Mexico or not.
What Was Mentioned
- Damien Cave
- Darren Dilts – Mountain Man Supply
- Shopify Raises $100 Million
- Gmail Now Showing Images By Default
This Week’s Winner
Each week we’ll be rewarding one special listener for signing up to receive a free copy of my 55-page ecommerce guide, Profitable eCommerce. Sign up here to request your free guide and be eligible for next week’s giveaway!
Congratulations to Jodie from Boise, ID for grabbing your free guide. Be watching your mailbox to receive your Remote Control Camaro! Now you won’t have to be jealous of the children in your life when they receive their fun toys for the holidays. Enjoy Jodie and thanks so much for listening.
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!