Rob Walling may not be an eCommerce entrepreneur, but he has built massively successful businesses using techniques that would apply to just about any business. He posts valuable content on his blog at Software By Rob, and has grown a very successful podcast at Startups for the Rest of Us.
On this episode, he’s here to discuss the power of long-tail keywords, especially using his new product, Hit Tail. He also tells us about how to scale up a business when you’ve got a particular goal in mind.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Why scaling up a business is relative.
- The key ramp-up period in any business.
- Why early wins (especially ones including revenue) are so crucial.
- What lifestyle has to do with “start small, stay small”.
- Why long tail traffic is far more valuable than other terms.
- The movement toward high end content marketing (and how to take advantage of it).
What Was Mentioned
- Hit Tail | Startups For The Rest Of Us | Software By Rob | Drip | Just Beach Towels – Rob Walling
- Chronos Watches – Paul Teale
This Week’s Winner
Each week we’ll be rewarding one special listener for signing up to receive a free copy of my 55-page ecommerce guide, Profitable eCommerce. Sign up here to request your free guide and be eligible for next week’s giveaway!
Congratulations to Chris from Woodland Hills, CA for grabbing your free guide. Be watching your mailbox to receive your Camouflage Beer Holster Belt! It’s perfect for becoming a fashion icon in Bozeman, MT. Enjoy Chris, and thanks so much for listening.
Want to Be Featured on the Show?
Reach out to us with your questions or feedback for the show, and submit any first sale announcements or other progress achievements!