Chuckie Gregory is the founder of Club EarlyBird, a morning cocktail that makes it easy to wake up early and get stuff done. He has grown his supplement brand from $0 to $1-million in sales in less than a year through video testimonials, direct mail after purchase, and SMS messaging strategies.
In this episode, Chuckie details the SMS messaging strategy that they use at Club EarlyBird, including why they collect phone numbers with a post-purchase opt-in rather than at checkout, how he justifies the cost of SMS messaging over other forms of marketing, and why he implemented “Get Sh*t Done Tuesday.” He also shares how they have increased conversions through one simple tactic: removing entries from the checkout page.
- How Chuckie developed the morning cocktail. (3:00)
- How he cultivated video testimonials from customers. (7:45)
- How they use SMS technology in their marketing. (9:10)
- How customers are sold on the benefits of opting into SMS messaging. (14:10)
- How they balance the dunning process. (29:30)
- How they keep churn low. (31:50)
- The importance of having a clear customer journey. (34:40)
- Chuckie’s favorite (and least favorite) piece of e-commerce technology. (36:30)
- How Club EarlyBird has grown through Snapchat. (38:40)
What Was Mentioned
- Chuckie Gregory: Forum Profile | ClubEarlyBird.com | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok
- How We Use Influencers and Integrated YouTube Ads To Build an 8-Figure Brand
- Churn Buster
- Wicked Reports
- eCommerceFuel Forum
- One Click Upsell – Increase Sales 15%+ with Pre-and Post-purchase Upsells. (On average, Shopify users increase sales 15% immediately after installing the app!)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Every time we can eliminate anything that we have to ask for at checkout, it helps our conversions.” - Chuckie Gregory Click To Tweet “They are saying 'text me every Tuesday morning' - they are asking for it.” - Chuckie Gregory Click To Tweet “All the marketing just leads them to one place.” - Chuckie Gregory Click To Tweet
Photo credits to Mohamed Hassan from Pixabay.