Closing on a deal can feel incredibly intimidating and scary. How do you know if this is the right fit for your company? What is the paperwork involved? Today my friends and colleagues, Bill D’Alessandro of ElementsBrands.com and Michael Jackness of EcomCrew.com, join the show to help me explain how the team at ECF Capital finally ended up choosing a deal to close on and the work that went into it.
Listen in as we touch on how the deal unfolded, sharing what we liked about the deal from the onset and why our familiarity with the company was very appealing. You will learn how we structured the deal, the unexpected financial issues we ran into, and why it is important to leave a buffer on your closing dates.
- What we liked about the deal from the onset. (2:36)
- The importance of doing your due diligence on businesses before you close on a deal. (7:31)
- How we structured the deal. (9:10)
- The unexpected issue we ran into without finances. (16:16)
- What process we will be sure to put in place if we ever do this again. (21:00)
- Why the last week of closing a deal is usually a disaster. (25:02)
- Our Amazon horror story. (32:20)