Last year I announced ECF Capital, an eCommerce fund investment group that looks to invest in promising eCommerce companies with a group of experienced investors. Over the course of the last 12 months, we have been setting everything up, looking for deals, and finally culminating and closing on our first deal in December. So in this episode, I will be running you through the process of getting a fund like this started and what exactly goes on behind the scenes.
Listen in as I explain how I encouraged investors to make a soft-commit to our investment fund and why I decided to keep the initial investor pool relatively small. You will learn how you actually get paid through an investment fund, why every investor had to be accredited, and how to overcome the fear of starting something new.
- The initial decisions you face when you start investing. (3:35)
- How I encouraged investors to commit to our project. (6:50)
- Why I wanted to keep the investor pool small. (9:20)
- How to structure an investment fund so that you get paid for it. (9:55)
- Why everyone had to be an accredited investor. (12:32)
- How to manage all the work that comes with starting an investment fund. (14:15)
- What a series LLC is. (18:35)
- The importance of asking for help and feedback when needed. (20:31)
(With your host Andrew Youderian of eCommerceFuel.com )