Everyone always says how hard it is to work through deals and figure out what is good and what is not, but you never truly understand until you are in it. Today I will be talking about everything that went into searching for ECF Capital investments, including how I kept track of them all and the importance of doing your due diligence on the owners of companies.
Listen in as I explain how I used a standard spreadsheet to rate deals, as well as why it’s harder to get the economics on smaller deals to work out well. You’ll learn why certain deals didn’t quite make the cut, what the process of actually closing on a deal entailed, and more.
- The number one thing that disqualified deals from being closed on. (1:25)
- The importance of timing your questions right with businesses. (5:05)
- Why it’s harder to get the economics to work out well on smaller deals. (7:02)
- Why complex deals are less likely to be finalized. (10:45)
- The process of actually closing the deal. (14:11)
(With your host Andrew Youderian of eCommerceFuel.com )