You know Mailchimp for its email services but now they’re mixing things up. Adobe’s Magento hopes to remove friction for D2C stores selling on Amazon. And Walmart—chasing Mr. Prime—hopped aboard the one-day delivery train.
Also, is Bezos ditching his empire for an excavator?
In the News:
- Adobe will create “branded storefronts” aimed at smaller merchants already selling on Amazon
- Users can build their own first-party stores while tapping into Amazon’s e-commerce ecosystem
- Follows Adobe’s announcement of new integrations with Google and Amazon
- New features include technology to record and track customer leads; the ability to buy domains and build sites; social media management; ad retargeting; and AI marketing recommendations
- Tiered pricing will depend on usage and features: free, $9.99/month, $14.99/month or $299/month
- Mailchimp is on track to do $700 million in revenue for 2019
- Walmart to offer free one-day delivery on 220,000 of its most frequently purchased items
- NextDay Delivery now available in Phoenix and Las Vegas; coming soon to SoCal, then to 70 percent of the U.S. population by year end
- Minimum order of $35 but no membership fee
- Broke ground on 3 million-square-foot air hub outside Cincinnati
- Amazon’s investing $1.5 billion in the project, which it says will create 2,000 jobs
- Amazon currently has a few dozen planes flying several hundred flights per week.
- Machines scan and pack 600 to 700 boxes per hour
- Would replace some jobs, but Amazon says it’s an effort to “repurpose” workers
- Amazon would expect to recover the $1 million cost per machine in less than two years
- Company plans to double its Toronto staff to 1,500 by 2022
- New location is at the King and Portland Centre, near its future office at The Wells, a 3.2 hectare mixed-use downtown development slated to open in 2022
- Stock currently trading near all-time high of $280 per share
Top Forum Discussions:
We Launched Our New Forums!
Hired a New Community Manager!
(Subscription required to access. Not a member? Apply to join our vibrant community of 7-figure store owners today.)
- Can You Manufacture in the U.S. at a Competitive Price Point?
- What Was Your Worst Business Mistake?
- Big Media Companies are Pivoting into eCommerce
- How Many Apps Do You Have For Your Shopify Store?
- We Hired a New Community Manager!
New ECF Content:
- 5 Lessons From My Time at a Hedge Fund (Podcast)
- Takeaways From the 2019 State of the Merchant Report (Podcast)
- 2019 State of the Merchant Report (Blog Post)
- Building a Culture Your Team Raves About (Podcast)